Cantilever plans its work studio-wide, week by week. Our methodology is derived from the classic agile SCRUM methodology (which all Core Team Members should understand), but translated to a more natural week-by-week rhythm for agencies without the notion of a specific “Sprint” period.
- Each week, we gather and clarify tasks to complete during the subsequent week.
- We cross-post all active tasks to a “Big Board” which allows full team visibility on all in-progress work, and ensures a unified process that all team members can anticipate.
- By Friday, PMs are responsible for ensuring that there is a complete list of clarified tasks for the team to take on.
- PMs can assign tasks or the team can proactively take them. Either way, each Friday, all team members confirm that they want the tasks that they are assigned to and accept accountability for delivering them by the listed due date.
- Each week, the team works on the tasks they are accountable for while the PMs plan the next week.
- Core Team Members are responsible not only to completing the Big Board work they are related to, but also to help anyone else who may be behind on any work within the week, so the company as a whole can meet this goal. Contributors are primarily responsible for their own tasks, but should feel free to look for other tasks on which they may want to offer their help as well.
👋 When we used to use two-week sprints we recorded this guide. We still use the same principles outlined in here but just in a week-by-week rhythm.
The Big Board Boss
The Big Board Boss is responsible for ensuring that the Big Board is complete and current, and that the whole team are sticking to our agreed upon processes. **The current Big Board Boss is @Ty Fujimura but @Clayton Fujimura is onboarding to take over the role formally.
Big Board Boss Duties
Big Board Boss Time Tracking
📈 The Big Board
The Big Board contains all the shared, common fields we use on our Asana Tasks, so by adding a task to the board, it will automatically have all the fields it needs to follow the Cantilever workflow.
PMs should add work to the Big Board as soon as it is being realistically planned for completion, even if it might not be worked on for a while or are blocked.
What is Included
🏃🏾♀️Weekly Planning Workflow
Team Works on “This Week” Tasks